Friday, September 4, 2009

Sublime / steelhead tribute


it may come as no surprise that I love Sublime, i also love steelhead fishing, and this is what happens on a long drive to the river with no radio in your car. Cheesy Awesome? i would say so.


Early in the morning, rise into the sleet.
string me up that fly rod and strap felt to my feet
got to find a reason, reason things went wrong
got to find a reason why the steelhead are gone
i got me a fly box, and a ton of flies
i can cast a spey rod like a mother F!@#en riot

the seasons too short, so rip the lips ya got
'cause you might get skunked or you might get a job
i got a pack i keep on my chest
never sweat it out in a fly fishing vest
take a small example, a tip from me
don't cast your fly too close to a tree

chrome is what i want, its within my reach
this Bad Fish style is straight from a camano beach
if you don't wear shades you'll get what you deserve
you might get a hook in your optical nerve
flies what i got, and i got damned lot
you'll need em when the river gets hot

chrome is, what i want. i said remember that
chrome is, what i want. remember that
chrome is what i want. i said remember that
chrome is what i want.

i don't cry when my fish gets away
i don't get angry at the flies i haven't made
i don't get angry when my line goes 'POP'
step in slime or trip on a rock
casting and swinging, it stays the same
livin' with guff dawg's the only way to stay sane
let the chromer, let the chromer come back to me

cause chrome is what i want, i said remember that
chrome is, what i want. remember that
chrome is, what i want. i said remember that
chrome is what i want, i want, i want

No comments:

Post a Comment